samedi 14 janvier 2017

NIFTY positional trade practice

Hello All,

This is my first venture in to positional trading. I have been planning to do this along side my intraday trades for quite some time. So I am starting this thread to practice paper trading for my positional trades real time along with my intraday live trading.

Focus is on =

1. To see if I am able to execute the positional trades live along with my real intraday live trades.
2. To learn the various aspects of positional trades by participating in real market with virtual money (RM, trade management and over night risk)
3. To test my positional strategy and improve further.

Detailed Planning

Trading contract - NIFTY
Trading Instrument - NIFTY options.

My knowledge on options so far - buy calls/Sell puts when market rises and buy puts/sell call when market falls. I have no idea about option strategies. The reason I am choosing option over futures are - I believe there will be mnay ways to trade a market instead of simply LONG/SHORT on future derivatives, and benefits of option writing in sideways market. Since I have no ideas on options strategies, sometimes my positions will be naked option, and sometimes with multiple legs. But i will use this experience to document my learning, and create a concrete strategy.

Trading Strategy - Same as my intraday trading strategy, that is trade the trading timeframe's trend (minor trend) wrt higher timeframe trend (Intermediate trend). Decide the trend, trade direction and trade areas from NIFTY spot chart and use options as an trading instrument.
Trading timeframe = 30M
Intermediate timeframe = Daily
Indicators used = 21 EMA (to give visual trend of the timeframe)


NIFTY positional trade practice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire