vendredi 11 novembre 2016

Basic question about margin

I am new to trading, so please bear with me. Thank you !

I bought some stocks on margin, and sold them off the same day. At the end of the day, the broker sent me a margin statement which said something like "Money owed by client = Rs.1234" etc. What exactly does this mean? I bought and sold the stock on margin within a few hours the same day. Do I still owe money?

Also I have been buying and selling on margin. Is there anything I should be aware of, other than the risk or larger losses? Mine is a very small account, and I have no income as I am a student. Would buying on margin etc. create problems from tax point of view, since quantity bought/sold on margin can be huge?

Thanks again.


Basic question about margin

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire